South Dakota Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
South Dakota Motorcycle Accident Law Firm
Your search for a reliable and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in South Dakota ends here.
At Yates & Shubeck Law, we are dedicated to protecting the rights of motorcycle accident victims. We have the experience and resources necessary to battle the insurance companies and get you the compensation you deserve.
Our approach is simple: we work hard to get you the best possible outcome. Whether that means negotiating a fair settlement or taking your case to trial, we will do whatever it takes to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation if you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident. We will review your case and advise you of your legal options.
Our Motorcycle Accident Claim Process in South Dakota
At Yates & Shubeck Law, we understand that the aftermath of a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming. You may be facing expensive medical bills, lost wages, and significant pain and suffering. The last thing you want to deal with is the insurance company.
But don’t worry, we’re here to help. Our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers will handle all the details of your case so you can focus on healing. We will also be there to answer any questions you have along the way.
Here is an overview of how our process works:
- A free consultation with one of our motorcycle accident lawyers. We will review your case and answer any questions you have.
- We will gather evidence to support your claim, including medical records, police reports, and witness statements.
- We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to try to reach a fair settlement.
- If we are unable to reach a settlement, we will take the appropriate case to trial. We will fight for you every step of the way to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
When you choose Yates & Shubeck Law, you can rest assured that we will do everything in our power to get you the best possible outcome.
Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients
A law firm is only as good as its results. At Yates & Shubeck Law, we are proud to have recovered millions of dollars for our clients.
We live up to our reputation as one of the best motorcycle accident law firms in South Dakota because we get results. We have the experience and resources necessary to take on the insurance companies and get you the compensation you need and deserve.
In addition to our results, we are also proud of the relationships we have built with our clients. We understand that this is a difficult time for you and we will be there for you every step of the way.
We not only fight for you in the courtroom, but we also provide the support you need to get through this difficult time.
Proving Fault in a Motorcycle Accident
To recover compensation after a motorcycle accident, you will need to prove that the other driver was at fault. There are many ways to do this, but some of the most common include:
- The other driver was speeding.
- The other driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- The other driver was texting while driving.
- The other driver was making an illegal turn.
- The other driver rear-ended another vehicle, pushing that vehicle into the motorcycle's path.
- The other driver failed to yield the right of way.
- The other driver was driving recklessly.
- The other driver was driving in a construction zone without proper caution.
- THE OTHER DRIVER WAS FOLLOWING TOO CLOSELY
- The other driver was driving a commercial vehicle and violated DOT regulations
A duty of care is owed to all drivers on the road, and when that duty is breached, it can result in a motorcycle accident.
Compensation Options in a Motorcycle Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation for everything from your medical bills to your lost wages. The specifics of your case will determine the compensation you are eligible for, but here are some of the most common types of damages in a motorcycle accident that we can help you recover:
- Medical Expenses:This can include hospitalization, surgery, rehabilitation, and any other medical treatment you need as a result of your injuries. Ambulance and air ambulance fees and costs for future medical care can also be included.
- Lost Wages:If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover your lost wages. This can include both past and future earnings.
- Reduced Ability to Earn: If your injuries have resulted in a reduced ability to earn, you may be able to recover damages for that loss. For example, if you can no longer work as a result of your injuries, you may be able to recover the difference between your old salary and your new salary.
- Pain and Suffering:This includes both physical and emotional pain and suffering caused by your injuries.
- Loss of Consortium:If your injuries have caused a loss of companionship or intimacy with your spouse, you may be able to recover damages for that loss.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life:If your injuries have caused a reduction in your quality of life, you may be able to recover damages for that loss.
- Property Damage:If your motorcycle or other property was damaged in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
Our goal is to maximize your compensation so that you can focus on your recovery. We will fight for you every step of the way to get you the settlement or verdict you deserve.
Punitive Damages after Motorcycle Accidents in South Dakota
In some cases, punitive damages may be available. Punitive damages are designed to punish the at-fault party and deter future misconduct.
To recover punitive damages, you must prove that the at-fault party’s actions were particularly egregious. For example, if the at-fault driver was intoxicated or speeding at the time of the accident, punitive damages may be available.
Punitive damages are not available in every case, but we will fight for them if they are appropriate in your case.
Wrongful Death Claims after a Motorcycle Accident
Losing a loved one is never easy, but it’s especially difficult when their death could have been prevented. If your loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
A wrongful death claim allows certain family members to recover damages for their losses, including lost companionship, lost wages, and funeral expenses.
Filing a wrongful death claim will not bring your loved one back, but it can help you hold the at-fault party accountable and get the closure you need to move on with your life.
If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we can help. We will guide you through the process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
The Insurance Company is not Your Friend
After a motorcycle accident, the insurance company may contact you and try to get you to give a recorded statement or sign a release of liability. It’s important to remember that the insurance company is not your friend. Their goal is to minimize their payout on your claim, even if that means low-balling you or denying you compensation. They do this by:
- Asking you to give a recorded statement before you have had a chance to speak to a lawyer.
- Asking you to sign a liability release waives your right to file a claim or sue for damages.
- Offering you a low settlement offer in hopes that you will take it without knowing the full extent of your injuries or damages.
Don’t fall for these tactics. The best way to protect your interests is to hire an experienced South Dakota motorcycle accident lawyer who will deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
- How to Maximize Your Compensation after a Motorcycle Accident
- Many factors can affect the value of your motorcycle accident claim. Here are some tips for maximizing your compensation:
- Report the accident to the police and get a copy of the report.
- Get the contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, your injuries, and any property damage.
- Get medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible.
- Keep a record of all your medical appointments, treatment, and expenses.
- Save any documentation related to your lost wages.
- Keep journals documenting how your injuries have affected your life.
- Hire an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer who will fight for you.
Following these tips can help you build a strong claim and get the compensation you deserve.
The Statute of Limitations for Filing a Motorcycle Accident Claim in South Dakota
In South Dakota, you have three years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury claim. If you do not file your claim within this time frame, you will be unable to recover compensation.
It’s important to note that this time frame may differ if you file a wrongful death claim. If you have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, you should speak to a lawyer as soon as possible to find out the applicable time frame for filing your claim.
Let Us Help You with Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
Time is of the essence after a motorcycle accident. If you wait too long to take action, you could miss critical deadlines or jeopardize your claim.
At YATES & SHUBECK LAW, we have years of experience handling motorcycle accident claims in South Dakota. We know what it takes to win, and we will fight for you every step of the way.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to help you understand your legal options. To schedule yours, call us at (605) 718-2069 or fill out our online contact form.